Scarborough "Country Day" School
Images: Page 4
Here are some images people have sent in from their collections, old and new, and gleanings from the web:
From the 1939 School Brochure (S Benedict)
Studio (the former carriage house and servants quarters) where the lower school,
the shop and the art rrom were housed always had the inescapable aspect of a magic castle
protected courtyard, overlooked by windows from all the classrooms was
like and extra outdoor room.
merry-go-round - imported by the Vanderlips from Europe - was an amazing piece
of play equipment,
while the eave angles and deep-set, mullioned windows gave Miss Daniels's second-floor third grade
classroom the feel of being in a world of its own.